April 20, 2016 Regular Meeting Agenda
San Andreas Sanitary District
April 20, 2016 6:00 P.M.
675 Gold Oak, San Andreas, CA 95249
This agenda shall be made available upon request in alternative formats to persons with a disability, as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (42 U.S.C. § 12132) and the Ralph M. Brown Act (California Government Code § 54954.2). Persons requesting a disability related modification or accommodation in order to participate in the meeting should contact the District Secretary at 209-754-3281, during regular business hours, at least twenty-four hours prior to the time of the meeting.
Pursuant to the Brown Act as codified in Government Code Section 54957.5, any documents pertaining to a non-closed agenda item distributed to a majority of the Board of Directors in less than 72 hours before a Board meeting shall be available for public inspection. Said documents shall be available for inspection at the San Andreas Sanitary District Office located at 675 Gold Oak, San Andreas, CA 95249, Monday through Friday, except Holidays, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Call Meeting to Order:
- Roll Call:
- Public Comments: 3 Minutes per person; 20 minutes for each subject matter
- Approval of Minutes:
- Special Meeting March 23, 2016
- Financial Report:
- Claim Summary #687
- Investments / Loans
- Past Due Accounts
- Manager’s Report:
- Operations & Maintenance Report
- Safety Report
- District Counsel Comments:
- Energy Grants, CPPA
- County Planning Department
- JPIA Workers Comp
- SDRMA Property & Liability contract
- New Business:
- Discussion and Possible Board Action: Approve payment to Kjeldsen, Sinnock, and Neudeck (KSN) for the recently completed Collection System Masterplan in the amount of $22,866.78. The funds were authorized by the Board in vote on August 19, 2015 in Resolution 2015-06 in amount not-to-exceed $101,700. These funds are eligible for reimbursement from State Revolving Fund.
- Discussion and Possible Board Action: Declaration of Surplus and authorization for Manager to sell in accordance with Policy 3180.1.
- Discussion and Possible Board Action: Presentation from Consultant, followed by Discussion with Directors. Possible decision on next steps related to the Rate Study and Proposition 218 Notification.
- Closed Session:
- CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL—ANTICIPATED LITIGATION
Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to paragraph (2) or (3) of subdivision (d) of Section 54956.9: Multiple cases
- Return from Closed Session : Public Disclosure of any reportable action taken in Closed Session
- Discussion and Possible Board Action:
- Direct District Manager to prepare draft revisions to District’s Ordinance and report back at next opportunity.
- Direct District Manager to make preparations for Prop 218 public notification, based on need for an updated Ordinance and new Rate Structure, and report back at next opportunity.
- Old Business:
- Discussion: Real Property discussions (Neilson)
- Directors Comments:
- Next Meetings: