San Andreas Sanitary District
January 13, 2022 8:00 A.M.
675 Gold Oak, San Andreas, CA
This agenda shall be made available upon request in alternative formats to persons with a disability, as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (42 U.S.C. § 12132) and the Ralph M. Brown Act (California Government Code § 54954.2). Persons requesting a disability related modification or accommodation in order to participate in the meeting should contact the District Secretary at 209-754-3281, during regular business hours, at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.
Pursuant to the Brown Act as codified in Government Code Section 54957.5, any documents pertaining to a non-closed agenda item distributed to a majority of the Board of Directors in less than 72 hours before a Board meeting shall be available for public inspection. Said documents shall be available for inspection at the San Andreas Sanitary District Office located at 675 Gold Oak, San Andreas, CA 95249, Monday through Friday, except Holidays, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Call Meeting to Order:
- Roll Call:
- Pledge of Allegiance:
- Public Comments: 3 Minutes per person; 20 minutes for each subject matter
- Discussion and Possible Board Action: Discussion and Possible Action: Appoint person to fill the Board Vacancy pursuant to Government Code Section 1780(d).
BREAK TO WELCOME NEW BOARD MEMBER
- Closed Session:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – EXISITING LITIGATION
(Paragraph (1) of subdivision (d) of Section 54956.9) Name of Case: Gretel Tiscornia and Cole Tiscornia vs. San Andreas Sanitary District; Superior Court of California, County of Calaveras, Case No. 21CV45491.
- Return from Closed Session: Public Disclosure of any reportable action taken in Closed Session
- Approval of Minutes:
- Regular Meeting November 18, 2021
- Financial Report:
- Income / Expense
- Claim Summary #754 (November 2021)
- Claim Summary #755 (December 2021)
- Investments / Loans
- Manager’s Report:
- Operations & Maintenance Report
- Safety Report
- Update on Collection System Improvements Project (SRF Funded) – verbal report
- SASD Classroom: CHS Biology Class Tour and Experiments
- Development Inquiries
- Easement Issues to Effluent Outfall
- New Business:
- Discussion and Possible Board Action: Adopt Resolution 2022-01, Update to Capital Improvement Program
- Discussion and Possible Board Action: Status update of the 2021 WWTP Upgrade Project (USDA funded), with potential Board Actions for the following:
- Approval of contract with JWC-Environmental for the procurement of Auger Monster screen/compactor per Quote # 63698 for $67,441 (+ tax) , for use as owner-provided equipment to the 2021 WWTP Upgrade construction project.
- Authorize District Manager to procure electronic instruments for use as owner-provided equipment to the 2021 WWTP Upgrade construction project, Not To Exceed $75,000.
- Approval of Task Order with Control Point Engineering for SCADA and PLC services during construction phase of the 2021 Wastewater Upgrade Project (USDA) in amount not-to-exceed $132,600, with 10% contingency based on Manager approval
- Approval of Task Order with Weber-Ghio Associates (WGA) Engineers to perform Construction Management services for the 2021 Wastewater Upgrade Project (USDA) in amount not-to-exceed $231,994, with a 10% contingency based on Manager approval
- Discussion and Possible Board Action: Accept project work at Sunset Lift Station and Mountain Oaks Lift Station and authorize payments from LAIF Capital Reserves to Sierra Mountain Construction in amount of $146,994 (Mtn Oaks for $65,839 and Sunset for $81,155)
- Discussion and Possible Board Action: Award work for the new Manhole on Hwy 49 based on the lowest responsive bid, as recommended by by KSN Engineers.
- District Counsel Comments:
- Director Reports and Comments: Opportunity for Directors to update the full Board with any Committee Reports or with other Comments
- Next Meetings:
- Special Board Meeting, Monday January 24, 2022 at 8:00 a.m. (Ethics Training for Board)
- Regular Board Meeting Thursday February 10, 2022 at 8:00 a.m.