San Andreas Sanitary District
April 8, 2021 (Adjourned to April 15 pursuant to Government Code Section 54955) 8:00 A.M.
675 Gold Oak, San Andreas, CA
This agenda shall be made available upon request in alternative formats to persons with a disability, as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (42 U.S.C. § 12132) and the Ralph M. Brown Act (California Government Code § 54954.2). Persons requesting a disability related modification or accommodation in order to participate in the meeting should contact the District Secretary at 209-754-3281, during regular business hours, at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.
Pursuant to the Brown Act as codified in Government Code Section 54957.5, any documents pertaining to a non-closed agenda item distributed to a majority of the Board of Directors in less than 72 hours before a Board meeting shall be available for public inspection. Said documents shall be available for inspection at the San Andreas Sanitary District Office located at 675 Gold Oak, San Andreas, CA 95249, Monday through Friday, except Holidays, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Call Meeting to Order:
- Roll Call:
- Pledge of Allegiance:
- Public Comments: 3 Minutes per person; 20 minutes for each subject matter
- Approval of Minutes:
- Regular Meeting March 11, 2021
- Financial Report:
- Income / Expense
- Claim Summary
- Budget Review
- Investments / Loans
- Manager’s Report:
- Operations & Maintenance Report
- Safety Report
- New Business:
- Discussion and Possible Board Action: Adoption of Resolution 2021-05, amending the District’s Post-Employment Benefits Trust (OPEB) to open the Pension portion account, adopting a Moderate Risk Tolerance similar as the existing OPEB account, and authorizing initial deposit of $74,356.
- Discussion and Possible Board Action: Discussion of negotiations with USDA and the funding agreement necessary for the Capital Project for Headworks/Irrigation Pump Station/Chlorine Contact Tank. And to Authorize Manager to execute a Funding Agreement with USDA Rural Development for total project of $3.1M, with a grant component of $2,190,000, a loan component not-to-exceed $500,000 at 1.38% interest over 40 years, and a cash contribution from Capital Reserves of approximately $410,000, contingent upon favorable review by Legal Counsel.
- Discussion and Possible Board Action: Authorize Manager to procure parts and equipment from Shape, Inc. for modifications of the Mountain Oaks Lift Station and the Sunset Lift Station, per recommendations from KASL Engineers, Not-to-Exceed $25,000, to be paid from the Capital Reserve account (LAIF).
- Closed Session:
- CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
- Agency Representative: District Manager Hugh Logan
- Unrepresented Employees: All Employees except District Manager
- CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL—ANTICIPATED LITIGATION
- Initiation of litigation pursuant to Paragraph (4) of subdivision (d) of Section 54956.9: one (1) case
- CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
- Return from Closed Session: Public Disclosure of any reportable action taken in Closed Session
- New Business, Continued:
- Discussion and Possible Board Action: Approval of organization chart, salary schedule, and the related policies that support employee benefits for fiscal year 2021/22
- District Counsel Comments:
- Director Reports and Comments: Opportunity for Directors to update the full Board with any Committee Reports or with other Comments
- Next Meetings:
- Regular Board Meeting, Thursday May 13, 2021 at 8:00 a.m.